Funding Options

  • We are registered with the Department of Human Services in the state of Pennsylvania and can accept some medical assistance insurances. If you are enrolled with PerformCare (previously CBHNP) and your child is between the ages of 3-21, he or she may be eligible for coverage of individual and/or group music therapy services to address his or her behavioral health needs.


  • Some Early Intervention programs will cover your music therapy services. Please contact your Service Coordinator to make a referral.


  • Some counties will pay for MT services through various funds. Please check with your Supports Coordinator to see if you can qualify.


  • Families and individuals may privately pay for services. Many adults choose a rep payee program to streamline the process of the funding for their care. Please contact us for current rates.


  • Artistic/cultural programs are specifically mentioned in Attachment 1 of the Federal regulations for IDEA '97 as "other developmental, corrective, or supportive services (such as artistic and cultural programs, art, music, and dance therapy) if they are required to assist a child with a disability to benefit from special education in order for the child to receive FAPE" (U.S. Department of Education, 1999a, p. 12548) If the IEP team determines that music therapy is an appropriate related service for a child, the team's determination must be reflected in the child's IEP, and the service must be provided at the public's expense and at no cost to the parents. For more information, please visit the Music Therapy and Special Education Fact Sheet located on the AMTA website.


  • We are a registered provider with Keystone Autism Services for the Adult Community Autism Program (ACAP). Please contact your Supports Coordinator to help coordinate your referral for music therapy.